I welcome visitors to my site and enjoy comments from guests, however there are some ground rules for comments:
First and foremost, every comment will be moderated. Unfortunately, I must do this because there are many “hit-and-run” comments that, without exaggerating, simply say “You believe in God and therefore you re stupid.” Thus, I have chosen to moderate all comments. It doesn’t mean I don’t like you if it takes me a while to approve your comment–it means I’m busy. I attempt to respond to everyone who comments on this site or contacts me, but due to an increase both in the amount of comments and the time taken by my off-site activities (marriage, studies, work, etc.) I will not always respond or may respond very late. My apologies in advance.
Second, I get an inordinate amount of comments that go to my spam filter. I try to check it, but sometimes there are literally hundreds of comments there. If you leave a comment and notice it hasn’t been approved–particularly if there was a link in it–it may have accidentally gotten into my spam folder and been permanently deleted. Just repost your comment, maybe leaving out the link, and then comment again with a link. If I consistently miss your comments, contact me via the form and let me know. My apologies to those whose comments have been missed due to getting spammed.
1) There is to be no usage of profanity. Any post with profanity will either be edited to take out the profanity or simply deleted as I see fit.
2) Insults will not be tolerated. Any comment which features insulting language (i.e. name calling such as “You’re an idiot”) will simply be deleted.
3) I reserve the right to delete any comments which do not add to the discussion. For example, if, in response to a post, someone comments that “You obviously don’t understand x” without presenting some reason for thinking I don’t understand x, I reserve the right to delete the comment as it doesn’t back up its own claims. This site is built upon sound argumentation and logic, and if I need to delete comments to foster intelligent discussion, I will do so.
4) If you engage in discussion here, please refrain from either of the two following strategies: 1) Continue to get off topic; 2) bombard with huge comments that would take pages to adequately answer. Keep the points concise
5) Don’t advertise. Merely commenting by saying “I answered this on my site here [link]” and saying nothing else is just as bad as spam. If you want to link your site, fine, but the comment needs substance. I will allow some of these types of comments if I find the site or post interesting enough.
6) I am under no obligation to respond to every comment you make. Sometimes I forget to respond. Other times I’m too busy to respond and then forget. Still other times, I hate to say it, but I may get bored with a string of comments. If you think I really, really need to respond to something, comment again and it may be the case I just forgot to get back to you. I try to respond all the time, but I have a limited amount of time in the day and to spend on a site. So please, don’t think I’m ignoring you, and don’t go claiming some online victory if I don’t respond.
7) Finally, I reserve the right to judge if a comment falls under any of these categories and whether a comment warrants posting. If there is a question about why a comment wasn’t posted, feel free to use the contact form to ask me about the details.
Thanks, and God’s peace to you.