I’m looking for some feedback on the site and some suggestions. Here are some questions I have, and please comment!
1) Do you use the categories at all to explore the site? Are they useful? Should I make fewer categories/more categories?
2) Do you like the “featured posts” on the front page? Should I update them more frequently? Do you check them out?
3) Have you found it easy to find older posts?
4) The pages at the top (God Exists, Pro-Life, etc.)–are they useful to you? Should I condense any of them? Should I add more?
5) Do you “like” me on facebook? Do you follow me on twitter? Any other suggestions for social media?
Personally, I’m interested in having a conversation, so I’m only really looking at your latest posts. I want to get my comment in quickly before too many other people have taken the conversation off in their own direction. On some sites, there are hundreds of comments, so I don’t even bother adding my 2 cents, since hardly anyone would see it or respond to me. The best thing about your site is that you have a nice group of readers/commenters but not a huge crowd (yet).
The important thing about the older posts is that you can refer back to them in response to questions. If I ask about something you’ve discussed previously, you should go ahead and point me toward that old post – assuming you haven’t changed your mind or anything.
I really look forward to seeing your email ‘pop’ into my email box.
Please keep your excellent contributions coming!
John D. Miller
When a Coldstream guardsmen wants to upgrade, he keeps polishing, he does not take off his bearskin and put on a baseball cap!
John D. Miller
My answer to all your questions is yes.